3 Hispanic Heritage Month Marketing Campaign Ideas
September 15 marks the beginning of Hispanic Heritage Month. Every year, from September 15 to October 15, Americans celebrate the histories, cultures and contributions of Hispanic and Latinx Americans. Owned and operated by a Latinx team, The Postcard Agency takes great pride in celebrating our roots and helping others amplify the Hispanic community. That’s why we put together this list of Hispanic Heritage Month marketing campaign ideas for businesses and nonprofits like yours.
Making a difference can be as simple as launching a meaningful Hispanic Heritage Month marketing campaign that shares educational resources with your audiences. At The Postcard Agency, we believe diversity matters across all groups and should be celebrated throughout the entire year. Continue reading to get started.
Support the Hispanic and Latinx Communities with these Marketing Campaign Ideas
1. Highlight businesses or organizations in your community via social media
- Where you do business matters. Your community should always be a part of your campaign, even if they are not your primary target audience. By highlighting Hispanic-owned businesses or organizations in your community, you are contributing to amplifying and supporting the Hispanic community.
- Put a list together of your favorite Hispanic-owned businesses in your area on your blog, and create a social campaign that links back to the blog post on your website.
2. Feature Hispanic and Latinx thought leaders in your industry and amplify their work
- Knowledge is power. There are plenty of thought leaders in the Hispanic and Latinx communities. Do your research, listen and learn. Then share their work on your platforms (and give them credit!). By amplifying their work, you’ll provide your audiences with a new perspective, all while elevating and promoting thought leaders in your niche who are a part of the community.
- Invite a Hispanic or Latinx business owner or entrepreneur on your podcast. Give them a seat at the table and an opportunity to share their story with new audiences.
3. Pay tribute to Hispanic and Latinx trailblazers throughout history
- Put together a list of Hispanic and Latinx Heroes your business or organization honors and respects. Thankfully, we got you covered and put together a list of our favorite heroes to help you celebrate throughout the year. Click here to view our ultimate Hispanic Heroes Social Content Calendar.
- Heritage months should go beyond their designated time on the calendar. We shouldn’t be learning about Hispanic and Latinx heroes one month of the year. As much as it’s important to feature trailblazers, make sure your list is up-to-date. Feature new heroes every year, and make sure the featured icons are diverse.
Important: Make sure your marketing reflects everyone in the Hispanic and Latinx communities
- Members of the Hispanic and Latinx communities often wear different identity hats. Along with their identity, members of the Hispanic and Latinx communities often come from different racial backgrounds and might also identify as being part of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Just because someone identifies as part of the Hispanic community, doesn’t mean they necessarily speak Spanish. It also doesn’t make them less of a member of the community.
- It’s important to diversify representation within the community. Do your campaigns reflect all members of the Hispanic and Latinx communities? How can you diversify your marketing campaigns to reflect all members?
Launch a Hispanic Heritage Month Marketing Campaign of Your Own
Diversity and representation matter. We hope our Hispanic Heritage Month marketing ideas help you plan and launch campaigns that amplify meaningful stories from Hispanic and Latinx people.
Need help getting started on your campaign? We’re happy to help. Visit our pricing page to learn how we can help you launch impactful marketing campaigns that touch people’s hearts and minds.
And remember: You can drive positive change beyond September and October. We should uplift our communities 365 days a year.
About The Postcard Agency
The Postcard Agency connects businesses and nonprofit organizations with their target audiences through dynamic marketing and public relations strategies. Crafty and creative, the Miami and San Antonio-based agency reinvigorates local and national brands with imaginative and results-driven campaigns. A winner of the Gold dotCOMM Award for website design, the digital marketing and public relations agency has also been named a Top Marketing Agency and a Top B2B Company and Marketing Agency by Clutch, an acclaimed ratings and reviews platform. Jonathan Ochart, CEO of The Postcard Agency, regularly shares marketing and public relations insights for business leaders with the media, including NBC, AARP, Texas CEO Magazine and Voyage Magazine.