The Ultimate 2023 Mental Health Hashtag Calendar
Strengthen Your Wellness Initiatives 365 Days a Year with this Mental Health Hashtag Calendar
Mental health is a critical element of wellness. Whether it’s individual care or how organizations and companies are helping their employees feel seen and heard, wellness initiatives have become a priority for employee morale and consumer support. While the month of May might be Mental Health Awareness Month, there are plenty of days throughout the year to support mental health. Using this mental health hashtag calendar as a baseline, you can strengthen your brand’s wellness initiatives and connect with your target audiences in a meaningful way by highlighting mental health awareness days throughout the year.
Mental health matters. By celebrating and creating conscious campaigns throughout the year, you’ll be part of a meaningful conversation online. Below, you’ll find a list of some national holidays, awareness weeks and mental health days to include in your social media content calendars all year long.
At The Postcard Agency, we value mental health. We are proud to help our clients in the health and wellness space promote the importance of mental health through our social media, public relations and SEO efforts. Check out our case studies to learn more, including our marketing and PR case study for LGBTQ Therapy Space.
Are you in the Health & Wellness space? We cater to organizations in this field, driving the best results to help launch your new product or company.
Tip: Bookmark this mental health hashtag calendar page so you can reference it quickly when you’re developing your social media and marketing content calendars each month. It includes days you need to develop timely mental health marketing campaigns that drive results.
January | National Mentoring Month | #NationalMentoringMonth
- January marks the celebration of a national mentoring movement coordinated by Mentoring.org. This month-long awareness amplifies the power of relationships and encourages mentoring across all industries.
January 3 | International Mind-Body Wellness Day | #InternationalMindBodyWellnessDay
- International Mind-Body Wellness Day is an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of overall health in our lives. The purpose is to spread awareness of how important it is to treat and balance emotions, purpose, health, habits, and actions.
February | International Boost Self-Esteem Month | #BoostSelfEsteemMonth
- A month to promote confidence and boost self-esteem. Boosting self-esteem can be a preventative measure against mental health disorders and encourages positive self-talk.
February 6 | Time to Talk Day | #TimeToTalkDay
- Focuses on the importance of reaching out to people in your support group who will be there for you. Time to Talk Day helps to raise awareness on changing the narrative on mental health discussions.
March 2 | World Teen Mental Wellness Day | #WorldTeenMentalWellnessDay #TeenMentalWellnessDay
- Brings awareness to the problems affecting teenagers and their families who are struggling with mental health issues. Consider offering help, understanding, and guidance to the challenges they face.
March 12 – March 18 | Sleep Awareness Week | #SleepAwarenessWeek
- Begins on the first day of Daylight Savings Time, when Americans lose an hour of sleep. Promote sleep awareness this week and how sleep benefits mental health.
April | Stress Awareness Month | #StressAwareness #StressAwarenessMonth
- April is National Stress Awareness Month. Everyone experiences stress in different ways. Consider normalizing conversations around stress and sharing ways to help manage it.
April 14 | International Moment of Laughter Day | #MomentOfLaughterDay
- A day to remind people to laugh. Created by humor consultant and psychologist, Izzy Gesell, this day is for promoting fun activities and encouraging laughter.
May | Mental Health Awareness Month | #MentalHealthAwareness #MentalHealthAwarenessMonth
- Raises awareness on mental health surrounding the trauma and impact it can have on the overall well-being of our physical, emotional, and mental health. Invite families, children, and communities to join the conversation and combat mental health stigmas.
May 3 | National Garden Meditation Day | #NationalGardenMeditationDay
- Encourages everyone to go outside and meditate. Meditation and gardening offer mental health benefits while promoting peace and serenity.
June | National PTSD Awareness Month | #PTSDAwareness
- June is National Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Month. Help spread awareness about PTSD, its long-term effects, and the treatments available to promote mental health.
June 21 | International Yoga Day | #InternationalYogaDay
- As an ancient form of physical, mental and spiritual practice that originated in India, yoga is a great tool to use for promoting mental health. On this day, yoga is celebrated worldwide to raise awareness as a practice for well-being.
July | National Minority Mental Health Awareness Month | #MinorityMentalHealth
- Introduced in 2008, this month imparts the importance of mental health for all minorities in the United States, amplifying the unique struggles that underrepresented communities face when dealing with mental health.
August 30 | National Grief Awareness Day | #GriefAwarenessDay
- Observed annually on August 30, National Grief Awareness Day encourages a conversation on grief, spreading awareness and encouraging communication around loss and how people can heal towards closure.
September 10 – September 16 | National Suicide Prevention Week | #SuicidePreventionWeek
- In honor of National Suicide Prevention Month, this week builds awareness to help prevent suicide in the United States and around the world.
September 10 | World Suicide Prevention Day | #WSPD
- World Suicide Prevention Day (WSPD) gives people all over the world an opportunity to raise awareness of suicide prevention. Learn more at the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP).
October 5 | National Depression Screening Day | #SpeakYourMind #NDSD
- October is National Depression Education and Awareness Month, designed to spread awareness on screenings for depression. Learn more at mhscreening.org.
October Dates TBD | Mental Illness Awareness Week | #MentalIllnessAwarenessWeek
- Coordinated by the National Alliance on Mental Illness, this week brings awareness to mental illnesses. Millions of Americans live with a mental health condition, affecting everyone in different ways. This day provides resources for support and conversations that are important to have year-round.
October 10 | World Mental Health Day | #WorldMentalHealthDay
- World Mental Health Day raises awareness of mental health issues around the world. Mobilizing efforts to support mental health, The World Health Organization helps to promote what more we need to do to make mental health care a priority worldwide.
October 27 | National Mentoring Day | #NationalMentoringDay
- Today is a day to recognize someone, thank someone, or mentor someone! Launched by NationalMentoringDay.org, this is the perfect day to recognize the benefits of mentorship.
November 1 (First Wednesday in November) | National Stress Awareness Day | #NationalStressAwarenessDay
- Supports awareness around identifying stress factors in your life by sharing ways to help reduce stress. It’s a day to prioritize your mental health by identifying stressors and working on managing them for your well-being.
November 13 | World Kindness Day | #WorldKindnessDay
- Promotes the importance of kindness throughout the world. The purpose is to help understand each other better and embrace compassion to bring us together. Learn more at InspireKindness.com.
December 28 | National Call a Friend Day | #CallAFriendDay
- Celebrates connecting with a friend, thus promoting mental health through connection. National Call a Friend Day invites you to reach out and get back in touch with friends.
Strengthen Your Wellness Efforts on Social Media with this Mental Health Hashtag Calendar
Audiences on social media are aware of the long-term effects social media can have on their mental health. It’s important to be part of the mental health conversation to promote wellness within your company’s messaging and to support your audience’s overall well-being. Pledge to promote mental health support through your marketing campaigns throughout the year. If we missed an important day in our mental health hashtag calendar, let us know and we’ll add it!
About The Postcard Agency
The Postcard Agency connects businesses and nonprofit organizations with their target audiences through dynamic marketing and public relations strategies. Crafty and creative, the agency reinvigorates local and national brands with imaginative and results-driven campaigns. A winner of the Platinum MarCom Award, Gold MarCom Award and Gold dotCOMM Award for website design, the digital marketing and public relations agency has also been named a Top Marketing Agency and a Top B2B Company and Marketing Agency by Clutch, an acclaimed ratings and reviews platform. Jonathan Ochart, CEO of The Postcard Agency, regularly shares marketing and public relations insights for business leaders with the media,including NBC, Yahoo, Marketwatch, AARP, Texas CEO Magazine and Voyage Magazine.